Ancient & Modern
History of the Theosophical
Welsh Theosophists Learn
An artificial language invented for universal use (Circa 1887) by Polish physician Dr Ludovic Lazarus Zamenhof, with vocabulary consisting of roots common to the chief European languages with the ending normalized.
In January 1926, The TS in
This lecture generated considerable interest and there followed a
course of regular classes in Esperanto, conducted by Miss Wallis, at
Despite the initial enthusiasm, the classes were held regularly into 1927 but then reference to them disappeared from the records. It appears there has been no subsequent revival of interest in Esperanto within Welsh Theosophy.
There has been some sporadic general interest in Esperanto within the Theosophical Society worldwide with some Theosophical texts being produced in Esperanto.
Here are the objects of the Theosophical Society in Esperanto
Objektoj de la Teozofia Societo
1. Formi kernon de universala frateco de la homaro sen distingo de nacio, kredo, sekso kaj kasto.
2. Instigi al kompara studado de religioj, filozofioj kaj sciencoj.
3. Esplori la neklarigitajn leĝojn de la naturo kaj latentajn kapablojn de la homo.
And in English
Objects of the Theosophical Society
1. To form a nucleus of the Universal Brotherhood of Humanity without distinction of race, creed, sex, caste or colour.
2. To encourage the study of Comparative Religion, Philosophy and Science.
3. To investigate unexplained laws of Nature and the powers latent in man.
There is still substantial worldwide interest in Esperanto with websites and organizations in many countries
Useful Theosophy Links
A Free introductory Theosophy Course.
If you run a Theosophy Study Group, please
feel free to use any material on this Website.
Try these if you are looking for a
local Theosophy Group or Centre